March Update Details
As March draws closer, so to does Microsoft’s major Xbox One update. Despite being a pretty serviceable box overall, the Xbox One is missing a lot of key features from the 360, which has made gaming/chatting with friends, well, a nightmare quite frankly.
Fortunately, the update is nearly here and this is the rundown of changes we can expect:
- Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.
- Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.
- Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.
- We’re adding an “Invite friends to game” option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games’ menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” will let you invite friends to your game and party.
- We’re adding “Recent Players.” This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.
Providing everything is fixed before Titanfall, I will be happy 🙂
Dave – NGXN