Headset Adapter Has Manual Update
Xbox One owners who have bought the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter will be required to manually updated their controller.
This is a first for any of the Microsoft’s consoles. The adapter retails for $24.99/£19.99 and allows the Xbox One gamers to use their own headsets with the console, this is conveniently in time for the mega title Titanfall but it will require a bit of tinkering to get going.
Below is a step by step breakdown from Microsoft on how to accomplish a quick and easy setup.
1. Make sure your console is on and you’re signed in and connected to Xbox Live. (It’s important to connect to Xbox Live because your console will need the latest system update, which contains the newest controller software. If you’ve connected recently, your Xbox One is probably already up to date, but you should connect anyway just to be sure. If your console needs an update, you’ll be prompted to install one.)
2. Plug the Stereo Headset Adapter into the bottom of your controller.
3. Plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).
4. Plug the big end of the included USB cable into the port on the side of the console.
5. Instructions to install the update should automatically be displayed. Follow the instructions, and don’t disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress. (The process can take up to 3 minutes.)
6. When the update is complete, unplug the USB cable. If you have additional controllers to update, you can connect them now, one at a time, select the Update another button on the screen, and then follow the steps.
7. Press the Xbox button on the wireless controller to turn it on. Your controller is now up-to-date, and you’re ready to use your Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.