New Xbox Update Rolls Out
Microsoft rolled out a system update today that added a slew of Xbox One features designed to improve the platform’s TV support and system navigation.
In addition to a console update a upcoming Xbox One Smartglass app update due out for “select Xbox Live members by invite only in the US, Europe, and Canada” will bring the full featured OneGuide tool to your tablet or phone device; the application update also adds a recently watched channels option and a universal remote allowing users to control their console and tv from the single mobile device.
Recent SmartGlass changes
- Easily navigate game options so you can quickly get to the full list of Achievements, challenges, and game clips without jumping through multiple screens.
- View recent players to find people you recently gamed with, easily add them as a friend, or issue a rematch challenge.
Sort the Friends list by online status for a quick view of what your friends are doing.
- View your Activity Feed in a way that matches the view on your console
- Launch an app in Snap from your mobile device, and whenyou’re done, simply unsnap it.
- Receive Xbox Live messaging alerts on your mobile device, making it easier to stay in touch with friends when you’re on the go.— Microsoft